Rent Assistance Program
Westwinds Communities Rental Assistance Benefit (formerly the Direct to Tenant Rent Supplement) provides a long-term monthly rent subsidy to low income Albertans to afford their current rent.
Household must meet the following criteria for the rent supplement program eligibility:
- Households Total Income is below local income thresholds:
|Community||1 Bedroom||2 Bedroom||3 Bedroom||4 Bedroom|
|Black Diamond, Bragg Creek, Claresholm, Nanton, Turner Valley, Foothills County, MD Willow Creek, County of Vulcan||$32,500||$37,000||$43,000||$57,000|
Total income is considered to be: total gross income, including self‑employment income, from all sources, of all members of the household 15 years of age or older.
- Has a total asset value of $25,000 or less;
- Canadian citizens, individuals lawfully admitted into Canada for permanent residence, refugees sponsored by the Government of Canada, or individuals who have applied for refugee or immigration status and for whom private sponsorship has broken down; and
- Current residency and housing to be located with the boundaries of communities south to Claresholm, north to Foothills County, west to Bragg Creek and East to the County of Vulcan.
- Amount calculated based on household size, composition, income and local market rent. The program has a minimium subsidy of $75. The maximium monthly subsidy:
|Community||1 Bedroom||2 Bedroom||3 or more Bedroom|
|Black Diamond, Bragg Creek, Claresholm, Nanton, Turner Valley, Foothills County, County of Vulcan, MD Willow Creek||$400||$450||$500|
|High River, Okotoks||$500||$550||$600|
- Households are prioritized on a first come, first served basis.
- Households must provide regular reporting and client eligibility is reassessed each year.
To Apply: Complete the application below and return to any Westwinds Communities Location.
(Select the Arrows in the corner of the form to download the fillable form or print)
Application for Rental Assistance Benefit (RAB)