Rooted in Alberta History
Westwinds Communities, formerly known as the Foothills Foundation, is a not for profit organization that provides quality housing and supportive services for seniors, as well as subsidized housing and services for individuals and families.
We strive to provide housing options that ensure the safety, dignity and choices for more than 600 client households annually. Our organization works hard to provide housing for these individuals in rural and urban communities, especially where no other options may exist.
Since 1960, the Westwinds Communities has been a provincially legislated Housing Management Body responsible for providing supportive living and public housing programs within the Foothills Region. The rent supplement program extends outside the Foothills Region to also include Bragg Creek, the Counties of Vulcan, MD of Silver Willow, and towns of Nanton and Claresholm.
The Westwinds Communities partners with individuals, municipalities and the Provincial government to provide safe, affordable housing opportunities and services.
The volunteer Board of Directors, employees and volunteers at Westwinds Communities provide housing and supports for over 600 households throughout Southern Alberta. We are focussed on meeting the need for safe and affordable supportive living and public housing programs within the Foothills Region. The following Mission, Vision and Values guide our work.
At Westwinds, we care.
We care about our people, our properties and the communities we call home.
Safe, affordable homes, sustainable communities.
Westwinds Communities mission is to provide safe, high-quality affordable homes and services that strengthen our communities and enhance the well-being of the seniors, families and individuals who call them home.
- Respect – we cultivate inclusive environments where every person is valued, personal choice is embraced, and independence is respected.
- Accountability – we are accountable to our clients, stakeholders, employees, and communities. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in every decision we make and how we manage our resources.
- Service Excellence – we are professional in all that we do and work hard to exceed expectations. We take time to do the little things that brighten peoples’ days and are committed to improving the way community members live.
- Safety – we are committed to the safety of our clients, employees, and stakeholders. We follow protocols and take responsibility for ourselves and those around us.
- Innovation – we foster a culture of continuous improvement; developing creative solutions that deliver on our mission and meet the emerging needs of our communities.
- Community – we strive to build and sustain community in the places where we live, work, and grow. We are mindful of how our decisions affect our families, friends, neighbours and the Foothills Region.
Supporting Albertan’s into the Future
Westwinds Communities expects to expand our services as we work with communities, partners and funders to identify where we can best provide support and affordable housing options.
Our organization’s strategic planning process allows us to identify community needs. We then work with community, government and other partners to seek funding and other support for local senior’s supportive living and affordable housing initiatives.
As a not for profit organization, we welcome the support from individuals and organizations to ensure we can meet the emerging needs in our communities. Funding is provided by the Province of Alberta, and the local governments from the communities in which we provide services.